With the encouragement and blessing of Alak Zenkar Rinpoche, Lotsawa House has produced a booklet of lojong texts for free distribution. The booklet, which includes both the original Tibetan texts and English translation, was modelled on earlier anthologies of lojong texts in Tibetan and Chinese produced by Zenkar Rinpoche, and features additional texts recommended by Rinpoche himself.
The following texts are included in the booklet:
- Verses of Refuge and Bodhichitta by Shakyashribhadra
- The Bodhisattva’s Garland of Jewels by Atisha Dipamkara
- Eight Verses of Mind Training by Geshe Langri Thangpa
- Parting from the Four Attachments with commentary by Jetsün Drakpa Gyaltsen
- The Four Dharmas of Gampopa
- How to Transform Sickness and Other Circumstances by Gyalsé Tokmé Zangpo
- A Mirror Revealing the Crucial Points: Advice on the Ultimate Meaning by Longchen Rabjam
- Three Principal Aspects of the Path by Je Tsongkhapa
- A Song of Compassion by Shabkar Tsokdruk Rangrol
- Many Aeons Ago by Patrul Rinpoche
- Aspirations in Accordance with the Dharma by Dodrupchen Jikmé Tenpé Nyima
The texts have all been translated by Rigpa Translations and are also available on the Lotsawa House website. Several of the translations were revised in recent months.
If you would like to contribute towards the costs of translating, producing and distributing this booklet, or the translation into other languages (we are currently working on French, German and Spanish versions), or even to support similar projects in the future, please make a donation here.
The booklet will also be available as an e-text in various formats. Watch this space for more details.